Warning over kitchen fire risk

Four fires in five hours across Lincolnshire on Monday have led to a new warning not to leave cooking unattended.
Four fires in five hours across Lincolnshire on Monday have led to a new warning not to leave cooking unattended.
0
Have your say

Four kitchen fires in five hours across Lincolnshire on Monday have led to a warning for people to take care when cooking.

They included a blaze in Whaplode St Catherine where a woman left her chip pan unattended and another in Wigtoft less than two hours later when kitchen units and a cooker were badly damaged after a saucepan was left unattended.

Andy Higgins, community fire safety manager for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, said: “Sixty per cent of all fires in the home start in the kitchen which is why it is so important to be careful when cooking.

“You should never leave your cooking unattended and risk a severe fire which could have been easily prevented with a bit of common sense.”