UPDATE TUESDAY 4PM: Fire crews search for cause of takeaway blaze in Spalding

Firefighters deal with a blaze at Nanda's BBQ takeaway in Winsover Road, Spalding, today.  Photo by Tim Wilson.
Firefighters deal with a blaze at Nanda's BBQ takeaway in Winsover Road, Spalding, today. Photo by Tim Wilson.
5
Have your say

A Spalding takeaway is closed today after a fire caused damage to an extractor fan connected to an oven inside the building.

Two crews of firefighters were called to Nanda’s BBQ takeaway in Winsover Road where fire broke out at about 12.30pm.

‘There’s no chance of the restaurant opening today but we’ll reopen it as soon as possible.’

The fire caused damage to the extractor fan part of the oven but no one was hurt.

A couple owning the takeaway, who asked not be named, said: “We’re not sure what happened but the firefighters were here very quickly.

“There’s no chance of the restaurant opening today but we’ll reopen it as soon as possible.”

TUESDAY 2.45PM: Blaze temporarily shuts takeaway in Spalding

A fire has broken out at a takeaway near Spalding town centre this lunchtime.

It happened at Nanda’s BBQ in Winsover Road where the fire started in an upstairs room at about 12.30pm.

Two fire engines from Spalding were sent to the scene and firefighters are trying to discover the cause.

The restaurant owners, who asked not to be named, said Nanda’s BBQ would be closed for the rest of today but would be reopen “as soon as possible”.