Stray cat was burnt in bonfire

Flare is recovering at Sutterton Veterinary Hospital after being injured in a bonfire
Flare is recovering at Sutterton Veterinary Hospital after being injured in a bonfire
0
Have your say

A stray cat who was caught in a bonfire has been saved with help from a Sutterton veterinary surgery.

Sutterton Veterinary Hospital is now looking after the injured female after her scary ordeal.

The stray, who has temporarily been named Flare, was found hiding in a garden shed in Kirton on Tuesday, November 8.

She had no whiskers, singed fur and all four of her paws were burnt.

Staff at Sutterton Veterinary Hospital believe that she was caught in a bonfire the previous weekend.

Flare is now recovering at the practice, but it will be a few weeks before she is fighting fit again.

Practice manager Emma Walker put out an appeal on Facebook in the hope of finding out if Flare has a owner.

The post received 120 comments from concerned Facebook users and was shared 629 times in the hope of reuniting the cat with her owner.

Emma said: “The skin that has been burnt needs to regenerate, so her bandages will be on for a few weeks.

“It will be a good five or six weeks before she will be at full health again, but she is the most loving cat.

“Flare appears comfortable and loves having a fuss. She loves a cuddle and shows her appreciation by purring.”

Staff believe Flare’s injuries are consistent with being caught in a bonfire.

“If this was the case, she is very lucky to be alive, and lucky that a nice woman found her and brought her straight to our hospital,” added Emma.

Staff have put Flare on a quiet cat ward to recover, where she has been treated with intravenous fluids, antibiotics and pain relief.

Anyone with further information is asked to call Sutterton Hospital on 0800 779 7774.