Spalding’s ‘old’ cattle market

Spalding's 'old' cattle market.
Spalding's 'old' cattle market.

This photograph, entitled ‘The last beast to be sold in the “old cattle market” Spalding, October 11, 1938’, was submitted by George Hall of Spalding.

It was among old photographs relating to Sheddy’s fish and chip shop in New Road, Spalding, which celebrated its centenary last month. The market appears to be in New Road, at the top of Red Lion Street, as the sign for the Red Lion Hotel is just visible.