Spalding Antiques has reopened after a fire knocked out electricity supplies for five businesses.
The popular antiques shop is next door to Abbey Recruitment, in Abbey Path, where electricity meters for five business were damaged by a fire in an upper floor storeroom on Monday, June 6.
Charmed Interiors in Sheep Market, Abbey Recruitment and the Polish Help Centre were up and running within a couple of days.
Spalding Antiques boss John Mumford, who has been in the business for 29 years, had to wait until Monday afternoon to be given temporary lights.
Last week John was working with “one little light” and felt it was unsafe for customers to go inside.
He said: “I am pleased that I can open again.”
Spalding Antiques is often featured on the BBC’s Antiques Road Trip. John is keen to welcome back his regulars and some new faces between 10am-2pm Monday to Friday.
Anna Czapska, of The Polish Help Centre, said it could be two to three weeks before the power is back to normal, but she wants people to know it’s business as usual despite their shop appearing dark inside.
Last week Nasza Biondronka owner Saman Mahmood said the fire had cost him £6,000-£7,000 in lost food because there was no power for fridges and he would be closing because he wasn’t insured for the loss.
It was revealed this week the shop had dropped its appeal against having its alcohol licence taken away after illegal cigarettes were found on the premises.
Yesterday Salar Azizie said he had taken over as manager. He said there were still problems with the electricity supply and food worth £3,000-£4,000 had been lost – two fridges wouldn’t chill, although the fridge lights worked, and one fridge was working normally.
Mr Azizie said he had “no idea” about past police raids on the shop.