The Archdeacon of Stow and Lindsey, the Ven Mark Steadman, was called in for a special blessing at Christ Church, Gedney Dawsmere.
Mr Steadman blessed the new, in-church loo – cutting the tape and dowsing it with water with a first official flush – watched by Father Jonathan Sibley and members of the congregation.
Christ Church dates back to 1869 and is credited to Ewan Christian.
It is described as “a little church of some character” and has been identified by South Holland District Council as a church of historical interest and a good example of the style of building from its period.
The church is built of yellow stone and its nave and semi-circular apse are under one roof without any interior divisions.
The inside is faced with red brick and there are small lancet windows.
Christ Church survives with very few changes from the day it was built, including its original benches.
But many Church of England churches have added toilets for the comfort of parishioners and to enable the buildings to have more wide-ranging uses aside from services.