The closed Dryden Jewellers shop at numbers 5 and 6 in Spalding Market Place could have a new lease of life.
Planning consent is being requested for a new shop front and an illuminated sign for number 5, which is to be occupied by a travel agents, and a tenant is being sought for number 6.
Details of the changes are mentioned in a planning application to South Holland District Council by Ms C Purcell, of St Ives, submitted through agents Anglia Building Consultants.
A separate application will be made for number 6 at a later date.
The jewellers closed in 2008 after 81 years in the town.
Dryden had been at the Market Place premises since 1945, doubling the size of the store in 1976 when the business took over the adjoining Milletts shop.
The business was founded by Buckinghamshire man William Dryden.
At one time, seven jewellers and repairers were employed to mend the timepieces of Spalding customers from an upstairs workroom.
Denise Dryden, the widow of William’s grandson, Ken, took the decision to close the store.