Man suffers burns in workshop fire

A fire at MBE Engineering Ltd in Quadring.
A fire at MBE Engineering Ltd in Quadring.
Have your say

A middle-aged man suffered burns after a fire at MBE Fabrications Ltd, Quadring, on Monday afternoon.

The fire broke out just before 5pm, causing severe damage to a tractor, welding rig and workshop roof.

Firefighters from Donington, Spalding, Billingborough and Boston wearing breathing apparatus used water jets to put out the fire, thought to have been caused by a spark from a grinder used on the tractor.
The man was treated by a paramedic at the scene before being taken by ambulance to Boston’s Pilgrim Hospital.

A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive said: “At the moment, we have not been notified about the fire, but that doesn’t mean to say we won’t be told about it.”