Major fire at domestic garage in Spalding

Lincs Fire and Rescue news.
Lincs Fire and Rescue news.
0
Have your say

Residents were advised to keep doors and windows closed as firefighters from three stations tackled a domestic garage fire in Spalding’s Hannam Boulevard last night (Thursday).

Crews from Spaldling, Bourne and Donington were on the scene shortly after 8pm.

Firefighters used two hose reels and wore breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.

The incident was shortly afterwards scaled down with two fire engines at the scene.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue reported fire damage to the garage and contents, and to a garden shed.

There was heat damage to a UPVC window and guttering.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue say the blaze was sparked by a faulty battery charger in the garage.

No-one was injured.