This photograph of a Garner motor lorry, obviously a novelty at the time, appeared in the Lincolnshire Free Press in 1916.
It was made by Mr J J Bingham, of Long Sutton, for Mr A Tindall, of Holbeach.
The report read: “These lorries are becoming increasingly popular, and many are now to be seen on the roads.
“Mr Bingham reports a brisk demand for motor vehicles for commercial purposes, for which he is specially catering.”
According to one history website, carriages, coaches, wagons and bicycles were once made in Long Sutton.
The same source records a John James Bingham as being the fire captain of Long Sutton’s fire brigade in 1913.