DCSIMG

Travellers moving on before the weekend

editorial image

editorial image

Travellers who have set up camp at a site near to Stepping Stones Bridge in Spalding are expected to move on before the weekend.


The small fleet of caravans, which arrived at the end of last week, are believed to be from France and just passing through.
South Holland District Council leader Gary Porter posted on social media site Twitter over the weekend that he had approached the travellers and had been told they were planning to leave on Friday.
Coun Gary Taylor, councillor for the Castle ward, said he had walked by the makeshift campsite in Kings Road, on Tuesday.
He said: “It seemed that they had put all their rubbish in black bin bags and there was a young lad sweeping the yard, so I am hopeful there will not be a big mess to clean up after they leave.
“But maybe we do need to look at the security of the site when they have left to ensure itdoes not become a regular stop-off point for travellers in the future.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page