Dried grass on fire in Spalding
A discarded cigarette or cigar is believed to have caused a small fire in Spalding where grass was alight on Monday.
One fire crew from Spalding was called to an alleyway off Miles Bank where a small amount of dried grass was reported to be in flames just after 4.10pm.
The fire was already out when the crew arrived but the area was inspected to ensure it was safe.
A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokesman confirmed that the fire was caused by discarded smoking materials but there were no details about the exact item involved.
No one was hurt during the incident.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Spalding
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west