House fire in Bourne

0
Have your say

CARELESSLY discarded smoking materials are believed to be the cause of a house fire in Bourne.

Crews from Bourne, Market Deeping and Billingborough were called to Gladstone Street at about 12.55am this morning.

Officers said they found a first floor bedroom “well alight”.

Four people had to be treated at the scene by paramedics but no one was taken to hospital.

The fire was extinguished using two hose reel jets and four sets of breathing apparatus.

The first floor of the house has been left with severe fire damage, while the rest of the property has been damaged by smoke and water.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the cause was believed to be carelessly discarded smoking materials.