Hot exhaust causes van fire in Sutterton

News from the Lincs Free Press and Spalding Guardian, spaldingtoday.co.uk, @LincsFreePress on Twitter
News from the Lincs Free Press and Spalding Guardian, spaldingtoday.co.uk, @LincsFreePress on Twitter

Fire officers have confirmed that a blaze which damaged a van in Sutterton started when a hot strimmer exhaust set garden waste alight.

The blaze started on Station Road at about 9.20am on Wednesday when firemen from Donington and Kirton using breathing apparatus and hose reels brought it under control.

A Ford Transit Flatbed van was damaged by the blaze.