If South Holland has an iconic bird Angel suggests it should be the heron, so frequently seen flapping across the district’s fields or standing stock still beside a dyke. Angel sees it as quite an ugly bird, but has seen the work of artists who obviously disagree!
• Who could fail to be cheered by the lively music being played by three musicians at the entrance to Pied Calf Yard for the past couple of market days in Spalding?
• It must be winter: the footpath along the Coronation Channel in Spalding is suddenly extremely muddy and slippy for dog walking. Pity the farmers who have to work in muddy conditions.
• On a walk in Moulton on Monday, Angel spotted several potatoes on the side of the road which must have fallen from a tractor’s trailer.
Angel was pleased that she hadn’t been standing in the same position when the potatoes had come crashing down as she may have ended up with a bit of a bump on her angelic head!
• Angel is currently planning outfits for several Christmas parties and wonders; how many sequined garments can she get away with wearing at once before she is mistaken for a disco ball?
• Yesterday lunchtime, Angel narrowly avoided walking through a large pile of dog mess outside Savers in Spalding, as many others did the same.
Why don’t some people clear up after their dogs?