DOG owners have been learning how to give their pet emergency first aid.
Organised by Sam Poole, of Absolutely Animals, and vet Sheryl Strongitham, of Elwood and Briggs, the event attracted around 30 people.
The evening was held at Holbeach St John’s Village Hall and those attending were taught how to deal with situations such as drowning, poisoning, road accidents, fractures and wounds.
They were able to practice bandaging legs, heads and tails thanks to willing volunteers such as Orin and Ace.
Sam said: “Sheryl presented the evening and it was very informative.
“It’s so important for people to know what to do it their dog is injured, especially as due to the nature of the area, people walking their dogs can be a long way from help. It could save your dog’s life.”
Sam said she is hoping to make the evening an annual event.
There was a chance to people to buy Aloe products and organic dog treats on the night as well.
To find out more contact Sam on 01406 540715.