Fire damages fridge trailer unit in Spalding

0
Have your say

Firemen using breathing apparatus tackled a blaze involving a lorry trailer in Spalding on Monday.

The fire broke out just before 7.15pm at a premises on West Marsh Road where a refrigerated trailer unit was on a loading dock.

Crews from Spalding, Holbeach and Donington used a hose reel to out the fire which severely ddamaged the trailer unit and is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Firemen were also called to a blaze at a house in Gedney where heat from a light bulb set a number of towels in an airing cupboard alight.

Crews from Long Sutton and Holbeach were called to a house on Stonegate at about 6.15pm on Sunday and made the area safe after a resident put the fire out with water.