People in the Deepings and Bourne are being reminded to take care when disposing of asbestos by South Kesteven District Council.
The advice comes after mall amounts of the material were found among household waste dumped across the area recently.
If found, asbestos can prove dangerous to anyone who comes into contact with it and the council is trying to clamp down on those who dump rubbish.
Coun John Smith, district council portfolio holder for environmental health, said: “We are appealing to residents who report fly-tipping to take care if they discover building materials among any of the discarded items.
“We are also appealing to those who may dismantle buildings, such as sheds at home, to always check carefully if it contains asbestos and if so, to arrange safe disposal.
“We know that the majority of residents and businesses are exceptionally careful and aware of the dangers of asbestos., but people should make sure that they consult with a licensed firm when arranging disposal of rubbish and asbestos at home.”
For more information, go to the Health and Safety Executive’s website www.hse.gov.uk