Gosberton lad Daniel’s designs on safety

Daniel Ely with his parents and MP John Hayes.
Daniel Ely with his parents and MP John Hayes.
0
Have your say

A creative pupil from Gosberton has been crowned the winner of a national competition after designing a striking poster warning of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Daniel Ely (12) used an image of a tent beside a barbecue to demonstrate the silent and deadly effects of carbon monoxide.

The national schools’ poster competition is run by charity CO-Gas Safety.

Daniel was presented with his prize of £300, and £500 for his school, at a special ceremony held at the House of Lords.

Daniel, who won with a design he created while at Kirton Primary, said: “I saw on the news that some people had died from breathing in carbon monoxide after having a barbecue near their tent, so I wanted to design my poster to make people aware of the dangers.

“I’m very excited I won and it was great going to the House of Lords as it was my first time on a train and going to London.”