Discarded cigarettes cause settee fire in Spalding

0
Have your say

A fire in Spalding during the early hours of Bank Holiday Monday was caused by discarded cigarettes, it has been confirmed today.

Firemen from Spalding used a hose reel to deal with an unwanted settee on fire in Lansdowne Road which was reported at about 2.25am.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said there was no indication the fire was started deliberately but she confirmed that it was caused by “carelessly discarded smoking materials.”