Family seeking answers after son (32) dies on prescription drugs

0
Have your say

A FAMILY is seeking answers after a 32-year-old Spalding man died from a toxic mix of prescription drugs.

James Green, of Briton Court, died at home on October 3.

He had been prescribed five different medications – and was told to “quadruple” the dose of one tablet shortly before he died, an inquest heard.

Coroner Maureen Taylor said there was no evidence Mr Green intended to take his own life and recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Pathologist Dr Elizabeth Astill said Mr Green died from a “fatal combination” of drugs. Each of his medications would have had a depressant effect on the central nervous system, the area that regulates breathing.

Friday’s inquest heard Mr Green had suffered from chronic pain for a number of years but no test had ever revealed the cause.

Gordon Parker, who is married to Mr Green’s mother, Paula, said Mr Green had looked like losing his disability living allowance on the say so of his GP, Dr Stephen Finlan, but claimed the GP hadn’t seen Mr Green for two years.

Mrs Parker said her son had been to see a psychologist and then a psychiatrist, who gave him tablets. He was told to quadruple the dose of that medication because the original dose hadn’t worked.

Mrs Parker said: “We feel that pushed his body over the top and he died.”