A SUTTON Bridge woman and her King’s Lynn partner were on Tuesday cleared of charges involving the abduction of and a sex attack on a teenage girl and perverting the course of justice.
Judge Peter Jacobs, sitting at Norwich Crown Court, directed that Liam Wells, who was accused of abducting the 15-year-old and subjecting her to an hour long sex ordeal involving assault by penetration, should be found not guilty on the basis of insufficient evidence.
He also directed that Wells’ partner, Victoria Dix, of Sutton Bridge, who was accused of doing acts tending or intending to pervert the course of justice, should also be acquitted for the same reasons.
During the hearing the girl had told the court how she was abducted off a street in Dersingham before being driven off and subjected to an hour-long sex ordeal.
She claimed she was pulled into a car by 26-year-old Wells, a kebab shop driver, of North End Yard, in Hunstanton Road, on January 27 last year and that he had put his hands down her jeans and molested her before dropping her off at the end of her road.
Later though Dix (22), of The Meadows, told police he had been with her at the time at their then home in Holyrood Drive, Dersingham.
It had been alleged she had given a false alibi.