Crews called to blaze caused by ‘carelessly discarded smoking materials’

Fire in Eye
Fire in Eye
0
Have your say

Firefighters have been called to a mattress fire in Gedney Drove End.

Crews from Holbeach and Long Sutton were called to the incident in George Avenue at 10.44pm yesterday (Friday, October 14).

Officers say there was light fire damage to one mattress and that the fire was caused by ‘carelessly discarded smoking materials’.

The blaze was put out using buckets of water after occupants had moved it to the open air.