FUNDRAISERS have set their sights on collecting more than £10,000 for good causes in this week’s events in South Holland.
The Two Lips campaign was kick-started on Saturday by the Rotary Club of Spalding, who have chosen a number of charities for the work they do with local residents.
The profits will be divided between Spalding’s branch of Phab, Johnson Community Hospital League of Friends, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance, and the groups using Monkshouse Scout Hut in Spalding.
A portion will also go to Rotary International to support nationally-selected causes.
Readers are being asked to give their support to the campaign, which is being backed by the Spalding Guardian and a number of businesses across the district.
Fancy getting involved in one of the many events planned?
• TUESDAY: An authentic Indian evening at Indus restaurant in Winsover Road, Spalding will support Two Lips
Meanwhile, Johnson Community Hospital staff will be wearing something red for 50p or wearing normal uniform for £1.
Volunteers will also be holding a cake and book stall
• WEDNESDAY: AP Sales in New Road will be holding a coffee morning and book stall
• THURSDAY: 20 teams will take part in our quiz night at St Norbert’s Church Hall, Spalding
• SATURDAY, MAY 19: The Rotary Club of Spalding will in town to launch a balloon race
• MONDAY, MAY 21: Members of Tollgate WI will be hosting an afternoon tea party at 7 Wigeon Close, Cowbit, from 2-4pm.
• Spalding Grammar School pupils have already raised £800 with a non-uniform day and those at The Garth School hope to follow suit this week.
There are plenty of places to pledge your cash for the Two Lips fundraising week.
Businesses across South Holland will be selling special Two Lips whistles for a donation of £1 or more.
They include: Bulley Davey & Co; JF Inkley; AP Sales; Fun Junction; A Porter; Finishing Touches; Baytree Nurseries and Garden Centre; Woodlands Hotel; Ashwood Nursing Home; Spalding News; Birchgrove Garden Centre; Johnson Community Hospital; Pacey’s bakery; Fun Farm; Springfields Outlet Shopping; Andrews DIY; Bennett Butchers; Lincoln Arms; Hole in the Wall; Black Swan; The Ivy Wall; Brennans Bar; John Norman Catering; Spalding Guardian; Tulip Radio; Abbey Print; South Holland Centre; South Holland District Council; Homebase; B & Q; Norwich & Peterborough; Boots; and Barclays.