Cigarette warning following house fire

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.
0
Have your say

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue have put out a warning regarding discarded smoking materials after they were called to a house fire in Holbeach this morning (Sunday).

The service tweeted that three crews - from Holbeach, Long Sutton and Spalding - were sent to the fire on Arthurs Avenue, however, the fire was out on arrival.

They said the fire had been caused by ‘discarded smoking materials’ and had resulted in ‘light fire damage to a wicker bin and contents’.

A tweet from the service read: “Always double-check cigarettes are stubbed out and are disposed of properly.”

Click here for more smoking safety advice.