Catamaran on fire at Port Sutton Bridge

News from the Lincs Free Press and Spalding Guardian, spaldingtoday.co.uk, @LincsFreePress on Twitter
News from the Lincs Free Press and Spalding Guardian, spaldingtoday.co.uk, @LincsFreePress on Twitter

Firemen were called to a blaze aboard a catamaran in Port Sutton Bridge on Thursday.

A Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue crew wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to ventilate the engine room after the fire was put by an onboard safety system.

The cause of the fire was thought to be a faulty turbo that overheated.

Firemen were also called out in Gosberton Bank where grass and hay were alight, also on Thursday at about 2pm when hose reels and fire beaters were used to put out the blaze.

Finally, a dishwasher caught fire at a house in Sutterton where a crew from Kirton were called to at about 4.30pm on Thursday.

The fire was already out by the time firemen arrived but they took the dishwasher outside as a precaution before isolating the electricity and water supplies in order to inspect the appliance with a thermal imaging camera.