Broadband plan is welcomed

0
Have your say

LINCOLNSHIRE County Council is welcoming views on plans to roll out superfast broadband across the county.

The council is now consulting on plans to bring superfast broadband to at least 90 per cent of Lincolnshire by the end of 2015, with the remaining 10 per cent guaranteed standard broadband.

This is a joint project between the private and public sector that will see around £57 million invested in improving the county’s broadband infrastructure.

Councillor Kelly Smith, executive member for finance and human resources, said: “This is a chance for residents, local businesses, broadband suppliers and others to have their say on what we have planned.

“Good broadband is vital for business growth, for all residents accessing services and for young people looking to download learning materials.

“Over the next few years we will make sure that 90 per cent of the county can get broadband that is three to four times quicker than the current average speed for the UK, with the remaining ten per cent guaranteed standard broadband.”

All comments should be sent to Lincolnshire Broadband Programme Team, Lincolnshire County Council, 13 The Avenue, Lincoln, LN1 1PA or email BroadbandPCDResponse@lincolnshire.gov.uk

Responses must be received by 5pm on September 16.