PEOPLE in Lincolnshire are being urged to follow simple safety advice following a spate of accidental house fires.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue has attended 25 of these incidents in just 19 days, including one in Sutton Bridge where 70-year-old Patricia Hurst was killed.
The majority are thought to have been caused by electrical devices, followed by candles.
Sean Taylor, Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue’s group manager for prevention and protection, said: “A fire in your home can be devastating at any time of year, but to risk losing everything at Christmas time is especially tragic.
“Some simple precautions could easily prevent a fire and stop you having to go through the heartache of losing your home – or worse.”
l To discuss concerns or for a free home fire safety check, call 01522 582222 or email HFSC@lincoln.fire-uk.org For fire safety advice, visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/LFR