Blaze at motorbike workshop in Kirton

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.
0
Have your say

A fire has badly damaged a workshop at a family-run motorcycle business in Kirton.

The blaze broke out at Wilson’s Motorcycles in Willington Road at about 10.50am yesterday when a workshop containing bikes, fencing and a caravan went up in flames.

Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus from Kirton, Donington and Boston used water jets to put out the blaze which is believed to have been caused by a faulty wood burning stove.

No one was hurt in the incident at the business which has traded for at least 40 years and has Kirton British Superbike rider Ben Wilson among its customers.